Salesforce integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Flash99, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash99

I'm looking to integrate 3CX with Salesforce
    Specificly I need the option to log calls in Salesforce

I found how to do the server side and client side integrations, but I still not sure what type of integration I need or maybe I need both of them ?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

3. Flash99

Yes I did, but as I mentioned before I'm not sure what will it give in terms of features
    I belive it will allow to see contact info, but I don't think it will allow Salesforce call logging
    And if I'm right then if for logging I need to do client side integration then do I need to do both or client side is enought ?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Follow the instructions. What you seek for call logging is "journaling". From within 3CX go to Settings, CRM and select Salesforce. Once installed, then go to the integration tab for each extension needing it and select Salesforce. Each extension/user will need to use the softphone and once the aforementioned has been done, then they will need to exit the softphone and restart same thereby causing the softphone to reprovision and pickup the Salesforce integration. Once done, then from within the softphone go to the settings and select Advanced and Integration. Start with the general tab as this is where journaling is located along with some of the basics. Once set, then edit Salesforce to your needs.

5. Flash99

If I follow this "From within 3CX go to Settings, CRM and select Salesforce" I have Server Side and Client side. My main question is do I need both of them or just one of them and what is the difference between them in terms of features?

6. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You only need one. As far as I know there is no loss of functionality between the two methods. Server side seems to allow a common log-in using the name you created when doing the integration and therefore eases the provisioning task. Client side allows for each user to use their log in. You must also have Salesforce up and running on the users' PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.