• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Salesforce Server Side integration Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcarass

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to figure out why my server side integration with Salesforce is giving me an error when I test the connection in the Management Console.
When I test a number that I have in our Salesforce, I get the following error message

Screen_Shot_2018_06_16_at_12_08_07.png

We have some custom objects that have custom fields for phone numbers, but we still populate the standard Phone & mobile fields on accounts, contacts and leads.
Little stumped here! :(
Any suggestions

Hi @paulcarass,

This is the error you're getting:
No such column 'Fax' on entity 'Lead'

That means that your Salesforce account has the "Fax" field on the "Lead" entity hidden. You need to make that field visible, so the query succeeds. In order to do this change:
- Go to “Setup Home > Objects and Fields > Object Manager > Lead > Fields.”
- Click on the field that you want to make visible, for example “Fax”.
- Press the “View Field Accessibility” button on the upper right side of the screen.
- Click on the “Hidden” label on the right of “Standard User”.
- Under the “Field-Level Security” check the “Visible” option.

That should do the trick.

Kind regards.

Thanks @edossantos. I managed to get that fixed.
What Id like to know about is whether or not the server side integration searches accounts by default?
I got this message when I had it fully configured.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_20_at_21_05_05.png

What I'm thinking is that the server side integration searches for Contacts. Does this mean I would have to alter the template file for it to lookup accounts, or other custom objects where we would hold phone numbers?
I know 3CX would not support this, but I just wondering if that is the case ?
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

The template by default performs the lookup on 3 entities:
- Contacts
- Leads
- Accounts

Please ensure that you have configured the "Match at least X number of characters" setting to 4 or 7, as other values cause that the lookup returns no value. This is explained at the end of this guide:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/salesforce-crm-integration/

If you need to perform the lookup on other entities, then you need to edit the template provided by us. But that should not be necessary if you don't have customizations. We are searching in all the entities that have phone numbers in a standard Salesforce installation.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.