Same result that hylafax from ASTERISK on 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluetel2, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hi all,

i have maybe a futur customer of 3cx. today my customer have asterisk and hylafax. hylafax convert fax to email. hylafax is connected to DID.

the problem. This DID is call DID and FAX DID. Hylafax know if CALL is CALL or FAX and redirect to spécific extension.

do you know a mean to do the same things with 3cx ?

tks advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

As far as I know 3cx cannot detect the fax tones and switch accordingly because it receives SIP messages and not analog tones.

3cx can convert fax to emails (and does it very well with a huge amount of flexibility - we have a customer with 24 individual fax DIDs)

Most POTS people use they fax detectors to save money as they did not want a dedicated POTS line for a fax that is used maybe once per day.

If they use VOIP lines you can get DIDs very cheaply on an existing trunk (not the full price of the trunk if you use ccs trunks) and so they have a dedicated DID for fax and use inbound rules to route that did to 3cx fax server.

If they use PSTN gateways (which i assume they are doing now - but can you persuade them to switch to sip trunks) then the hylafax may still be able to sit between the phone line and the gateway. There may be other here such as Leejor who have more experience with the gateways as 100% of our customers all switch to SIP trunks and we dont have much call for gateways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.