sample project

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by jnz, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnz

Aug 5, 2010
    I am wondering if someone can save me a bit of time building my project with a sample project or some specific instructions.

We are trying to build the following functionality:

When a customer calls use the caller id to do a select statement
    select orderid from orders where @callerid = phone
    If more than one result we read back the last 4 digits of the phone number or have them key in the last 4 digits of order number

then we would select orderid from orders where @callerid = phone and LEFT(orderid, 4) = @userinput

If caller id does not match we ask for user input to put in phone number or orderid into the system without dashes and run the following query
    select orderid from orders where @userinput = phone or @userinput = orderid

Provided we have an orderid from query I want out put this in a post api and then post a second query on the phone answering agents computer using an api to get the order details so that the user can have the order details available as they start the call.

Database is SQL 2008 R2
    System is V14 SP2 and VAD is V14

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Aug 6, 2009

The 3CX blog has many articles about the VAD that can be very useful to get some insight:

Particularly, the following articles collect a user ID via DTMF and validate it against different sources, including a database and a web service:

The database validation is useful for the database queries you need to do. The web service validation could be a sample about how to invoke a web service (there is another very similar component to make raw HTTP requests).

The Caller ID is available through the session.ani variable, so you have it handy in all your callflow and you can use it in your database queries.

Hope the information helps.

Kind regards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.