Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Samsung Galaxy i5800 - problems with sound

Discussion in 'Android' started by sergya, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergya

Hi,
    I installed 3CXPhone on my Samsung i5800 and found following issue: first call is ok, but after that, sound is turned off, so, there is nothing to hear neither through earphone not through speakerphone. Only unloading helps... till next one call. Is there a chance of full support Samsung i5800 in the future?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

We currently do not plan on supporting the I5800 but that may change in the future.
    We are going to make a great deal of changes in the phone for the next release, until then there's nothing much that can be done but to wait and see if the next release fixes your issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sergya

uoy knahTRe: Samsung Galaxy i5800 - problems with sound

Thank you for your answer. Well, let's wait for the next release.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

You are in luck, we are on our way to support the i5800/Galaxy 3.
    Testing the application on this phone is still on-going at the moment.

I would like to ask you if you have any other problems with the 3CXPhone and the Galaxy 3 other than your sound issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alldraw

Good evening to the 3CX android community. I have exactly the same behaviour on my Samsung i5800 (Android 2.1) than described by sergya on october 28th. You can place a first outgoing call and everything is fine, after terminating the call, the 3CX client allows no more communication and only terminating and restarting the 3CX client helps. It would be highly appreciated If this issue could be solved, because 3CX makes generally a very good impression. Thank you.

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

This is a known issue on the i5800. Unfortunately this phone has quite a few issues with the 3CXPhone at the moment and until it's issues are fixed there's nothing we can do unfortunately. :cry:

7. sergya

Hi,

No other issues found so far. Actually, I used 3CXPhone only for testing purposes, because I want to use it during cross-countries business trips. Once I have more experience, I will let you know.

8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Just an update on this.
    We have made some fixes to this issue, and the new version of the 3CXPhone is currently in it's Testing phase.
    If you're lucky, the plan is that you're gonna see this new release right before Xmas. :mrgreen:

I've also sent you a PM, please check it out.

9. sergya

Hi, your test version looks much more friendly to my device 8) So, I'm looking forward to new release.
    Regards,
    Serhiy

10. martins719

There is other problem with 3CX and i5800 device.
    Is not working the register process with WIFI connection, only with 3G.
    I already tried Lock Wifi option in the 3 option (Never, Always and When Powered) and the same problem.

I liked so much the client but in this moment is not possible to use in the i5800 Samsung devices.

11. sergya

Sounds strange, I'm using wifi with no problems. Maybe, the difference is in android or firmware version?
    Btw, I have a question to support staff: does latest official release contain the fix of the problem with sound on Samsung i5800? I still use testing version and dont know if I can upgrade it to release.

12. martins719

Model GT-I5800L
    Firmware - 2.1-update1
    Kernel = 2.6.29

13. sergya

No idea what does 5800L mean, I have GT-I5800. Everything else is the same, plus Android version is ECLAIR.XWJH5

14. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, the sound issue has been fixed on the i5800! :mrgreen:

15. fredha81

Is ist possible to send me the latest fixed Version (At the Moment i use a SAMSUNG I5800 with 3cx Build version 1.2.9)
    The Problem with this Version is: very quiet Sound, and Echo with extrem delay (Echocancellation is enabled)
    After pressing the pick up phone button there is very often no reaction and sometimes the app stops "freezes"

Question. Is it possible to use the 3cx phone with a bluetooth device e.g. car adapter, headset?
    At the moment the only way to comm. is with the built in speaker (uncomfortable).

16. sergya

Hi,
    I got new problem :( Since v.1.2.9 fixes sound problems on i5800, I decided to update my existing version of 3CXPhone to the latest one. But it seems to be impossible - every my try finishes with installation error message "Package file was not signed properly". What's wrong?

17. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try Uninstalling the application.
    Then install the new one.

That should do the trick.

18. sergya

I supposed the same thing myself too :) Complete reinstalling helped.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.