Samsung Galaxy Not Registering With 3CX

Discussion in 'Android' started by thegodplato, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegodplato

Hi, I have got the software on my Galaxy S but can't seem to get it registered. Model is GT-I9000 on 2.2 Firmware. I have the latest 3CX update ( 1.2.9 ) downloaded too. Tel number for VOIP is through Sipgate. I have followed their instructions but nothing works. Any advice? Getting desperate!!

2. laristech

I'm having the same issue. Running Samsung Vibrant with Android OS 2.2 and the latest 3CX app.

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

We currently support the Samsung Galaxy S.
    The Samsung Galaxy S, Vibrant was never included in our list of supported phones.

The Registration issue has been noticed with some Samsung Galaxy S phones and is something we have logged onto our Bugtracking system. It's something we are looking into fixing for the next release of the 3CXPhone for Android.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oscarthedog

I had the same problem with my Samsung and Sipgate. I found that leaving the proxy server setting blank sorted the problem even though the Sipgate instructions say otherwise.

5. Ogcmtl

Works with my galaxy and froyo update.
    Set external server and proxy to my server.

6. rcotten2

Have a Samsung Epic with 2.2. Works fine on internal network, but can not connect externally while on 3g or wifi. I have tired with the proxy filed populated and left blank.

7. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Our "mobile" 3CXPhone has a problem which we fixed in latest iPhone version, but not in latest Android, unfortunately.

3CXPhone for Android provide as authentication parameters only User and Password - and it's wrong. The missing parameter is the Authentication ID - 3CXPhone "assumes" it's the same as User. Therefore, due to this issue, it cannot register to a provider requiring an Auth ID different than User.

You may check if this might be the reason.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. recursos

Is Galaxy tab wifi supported? Or going to?

9. AlanM

Hello Gents,

I too am experiencing an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S phone not registering with 3CX. I have the Froyo update and have just downloaded v1.2.10 from the Android Marketplace. 3CX detects the phone under the PHONES section of the software. I created an extension for it to use, set the UserID and pwd in 3CX, and then used the same in the mobile app. I went back to the PHONES section, highlighted the newly-found Android phone and selected "Assign to existing extension". Nothing seems to happen. I noticed it uses port 5070 which I opened on my firewall and directed to my PBX. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX will use 5060 as the default port, the phone is using 5070 to "listen" on, so doing port forwarding 5070 won't buy you anything.

First try getting it to work using WiFi, maybe even on the local network, check the 3CX server log to see if it is getting through at all.

11. AlanM

I tried using only WiFi, then 3G, but neither worked. I set my internal server address and enabled it as well as setting my external domain name. The server event log does not show anything. However, the server activity log shows:
    15:58:56.031 New SIP device is on-line: MAC:BxxxxxxxxB; ip=192.168.1.203; contact=sip:192.168.1.203:5070.
    I suspect this is the reason it is showing up in the PHONES section of the 3CX management console.

Does the phone have to be connected to the network via USB cable to configure it?

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

No, you tap the 3CX Icon, the phone should open. At the bottom centre, is the "configure" button. When you tap that you can create a profile. Each profile can be set to register to a different SIP server, or, one for use outside the network and one for use inside. You can't have more than one profile registered (active) at a time.

Well you seem to be getting through, but, it isn't showing an actual extension number showing up.

13. AlanM

I was finally able to get the Samsung to register and make outgoing calls while on WiFi and on my internal LAN. This was accomplished by deleting all profiles and starting over again. I created a new profile, entered the internal IP address of my PBX, enabled the internal server and all was good. I tried using 3G, the phone will register but will not go off hook when I enter a phone number and click dial. My integration settings show that 3G is enabled.

When I go to an external WiFi network, my phone will registers using the public IP of the WiFi I am on. The settings on the Samsung is set to use NAT translation. This resulsts in my PBX not recognizing my extension as a valid extension and rejects the call. By looking at the log below the CONTACT is registered as my extension plus the public IP of the WiFi; however the FROM field shows my extension plus the domain name of my home PBX. Why the two different identifications?

I use a dynamic DNS service. The domain name is directed to my PBX in my router configuration. My settings in 3CX for that extension does not have the checkbox selected prohibiting using the extension outside the LAN.

Here is the section of my 3CX Server log:
    11:37:32.187 [CM502001]: Source info: From: <sip:111@mypbx.dynamicdns.com>;tag=oCZAZIVcYJXJE93nBt8pgN9as3fdRB6F<sip:9xxxxxx@mypbx.dynamicdns.com>
    11:37:32.187 [CM503013]: Call(11): Incoming call rejected, caller is unknown; msg=SipReq: INVITE 9xxxxxx@mypbx.dynamicdns.com tid=Pj.Btfx5gtBA-8FsqTzVeXSrmhtJzPjLga cseq=INVITE contact=111@66.xx.xx.xx:42936 / 23971 from(wire)
    11:37:31.999 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
    INVITE sip:9xxxxxx@mypbx.dynamicdns.com SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 66.xx.xx.xx:42936;rport=42936;branch=z9hG4bKPjn5dPsxXIwTHo6YEF1fYFOg4a-QjwHmAv
    Max-Forwards: 70
    To: <sip:9xxxxxx@mypbx.dynamicdns.com>
    From: <sip:111@mypbx.dynamicdns.com>;tag=oCZAZIVcYJXJE93nBt8pgN9as3fdRB6F
    Call-ID: EA0s6lVFv8v3GvRo8rHq3MMCtWKnxvz5
    CSeq: 23970 INVITE
    Session-Expires: 1800
    Min-SE: 90
    Allow: PRACK, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, MESSAGE, OPTIONS
    Supported: replaces, 100rel, timer, norefersub
    User-Agent: 3CXPhone for Android 1.2.10
    Content-Length: 0

11:37:31.999 [CM302001]: Authorization system can not identify source of: SipReq: INVITE 9xxxxxx@mypbx.dynamicdns.com tid=Pjn5dPsxXIwTHo6YEF1fYFOg4a-QjwHmAv cseq=INVITE contact=111@66.xx.xx.xx:42936 / 23970 from(wire)

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Be sure that you have the URL that you are sending the calls to (rather than using the public IP of your 3CX) in the domain name setting i(advanced settings) in 3CX. Otherwise 3CX will reject the call.

15. AlanM

Since I am using dynamic DNS, this is how I already have it configured. It just plain doesn't work. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions. I think I am going to give up until a newer version comes out.

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You already have allow direct SIP calls checked, and the full "mypbx.dynamicdns.com", or whatever you actually are using, as your Domain?

17. AlanM

I have the full domain name entered but I do not have the box checked to allow direct SIP calls. Does this app have different settings than the 3CX softphone I use on my laptop?

18. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

a new version is right now out and we tested with an Samsung i9100 (Galaxy SII) and it is working

19. wdell1

I to have a Samsung Epic with 2.2. Works fine on internal network, but can not connect externally while on 3g . I have tired with the proxy filed populated and left blank. Do anyone have a fix for this. and i also upgraded to the new verison 1.2.11 and it is doing the same thing... Thanks .

20. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You understand that the settings that I was referring to are in the 3CX PBX itself, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.