Samsung Galaxy S: froyo 2.2 wont register

Discussion in 'Android' started by barzakh, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barzakh

Hi ..
    so i'm using a sip ip from callcentric.com and i've tried absolutely everything! i mean literally i've gotten it down with callcentric's customer reps to try to figure this out.. but we weren't able to get it to register
    i've tried it on wifi and edge networks.. still wont register.
    here are some of the msgs i got from their reps regarding the settings i have to do, which i did and failed:

and then finally
    so is there anyone who faced the same thing and can guide me out of this?

thanks in advance!,
    Khurram
    http://www.researchwritersinc.com

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would concentrate on solving this (the fact that they not even seeing a registration attempt) first. The only reasons would be...incorrect settings (destination/port), or, something is blocking you from getting through, either something in the device or something on the network. Did you try using one of callcentrics IP addresses rather than the URL? At this point you don't even have to worry about the correct user name password, etc., as you are not even reaching them.

Work with WiFi first, if you are using your own router, see if you can use Wireshark to capture a registration attempt. Have you tried from a second wireless router?

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From my development tests, judging from Samsung models I used, it seems there is something strange in their network support - I don't know is from hardware or from Android OS, but definitely something is there:

A "user-friendly" description: most often, you don't work with host names, but with their IPs. So, when you get a host name, you ask the system to resolve it and to provide you back its IP. If system is able to resolve, it answer you "yes" and returns the IP, otherwise it answer you "no". Now, the weird thing on Samsung is that sometimes it answer "yes" - and you, in good faith, assume is indeed YES - but it returns as "resolved" IP tadaam... 0.0.0.0. We found this issue when porting the 3CXTunnel and we fixed it - that's why 3CXPhone on Samsung I5800 CAN connect using the tunnel, but CANNOT connect without tunnel.

We will do further checks and, if we found a clear fix, we will announce it.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. barzakh

being a noob, not sure if i got it correctly, but should i try using it with tunnel instead?

and yes i tried on different router, didn't work. not sure what wireshack us but right now i'm trying on my cell network's edge connection. still not working

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Tunnel option will only work when registering with a 3CX PBX with the option enabled.

Wireshark, http://www.wireshark.org/ is a tool that you can run, on a PC, on your network, to examine the packets being passed between devices, helping you to diagnose problems.

Did you try using an IP rather than the URL for your provider?

You can look up most URLs, to determine an IP to substitute, using... http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.