• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Samsung Galaxy S i9003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnenberg

Reaction score
Hello,

Since i got my Samsung Galaxy S i9003 i tried to get 3CX Phone running, first with the original Android 2.1, now with Android 2.3.6. I tried all updates of the 3CX Phone and got v1.3.4 installed right now.

It didn't matter which VoIP Provider, Audio Codec, connection (WiFi, UMTS) i used the bug was always the same:

When a call is initiated with SPEAKER profile, the mic works as designed. The other side of the call has no problems understanding you and the call can be done hands free.
When switching to EARPIECE during the call OR initating the call when EARPIECE is active the input of the mic is reduced significantly while being mixed with white noise.

Because not only me but a few friends of mine got the same phone i tried the 3CX softphone on the other phones as well and the result was always the same as described above.

I took the liberty of recording a call to demonstrate the quality problem, can be downloaded at http://www.skende.at/test.wav
I turned up the mic-gain to 8, so the first part will be overdriven -- the echo in the background was my deskphone where i placed the test call but i think you will get the idea of what i'm talking about :)

Interesting sidenote: Every other Android SIP App had exactly the same problem, the most interesting was nimbuzz:
While doing nimbuzz voip calls everything was fine, when i switched to SIP the same problem as described above happend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.