Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Samsung Galaxy S no microphone audio sent

Discussion in 'Android' started by mickaussie, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickaussie

Handset: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 Android 2.3.4 Contacts: [Local or Exchange] Connection: [WiFi or 3G] Server: [External]

Cannot send audio (from Mic) from handset or a connected bluetooth headset. Can hear caller on other end but they cannot hear me at all. This problem occurs on 3G or WIFI and with a normal phone caller or another 3CX client/extension.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mickaussie

I have solved the problem. I enabled TCP transport and the microphone now works in all calls on 3G and WIFI.

3. mickaussie

Correction: Problem NOT solved. I have updated to version 1.3.2 today. Had same problem again and after much testing it has nothing to do with any of the settings or TCP Transport.

What actually happens is that the first call on opening the App works fine with perfect two way audio. On any subsequent calls the microphone sound is not sent to the other party from the android app. If I exit the app and reopen it works fine for ONE call then no microphone on any subsequent calls.

This has been tested with voip extensions, PSTN lines over 3G or WIFI; same thing happens regardless of network or call type.

Some assistance would be great, very frustrating. Any ideas?

4. Lupercus

Same problem here with Galaxy S, with version 1.3.4 ... first call works, subsequent calls have no sound from the microphone. Basically the software keeps using the speaker, not the earphone @ mic ...

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you don't get a response I would suggest a forum (Samsung?) more specific to that phone, you'll have much more of a chance that someone has discovered a headset that will do what you want.

6. vnasto

I have the same problem

"Cannot send audio (from Mic) from handset or a connected bluetooth headset. Can hear caller on other end but they cannot hear me at all. This problem occurs on 3G or WIFI and with a normal phone caller or another 3CX client/extension."
    Also my phone crashes after each call.
    Samsung GT-9001
    version 2.3.3
    3cx client 1.3.4
    I enabled TCP transport but the problem continues.

Thanks

7. vnasto

I just downloaded the new 3cx phone 2.0.2.
    The problem continues.
    This must be a problem with many adroid phones as I saw a post with the same problem with an HTC device.
    Is there any plans to fix this bug?

8. hweams

I'm having the same issue with 2.0.5 on my HTC Droid DNA. I can hear them, but they can't hear me. I've tried adjusting the Play Buffer, Record Buffer, and Mic Gain and have tried using 'TCP Transport' and '3CX Tunnel,' but nothing allows outgoing (Android) voice transmission. I've tried this in the office (and using out of office setting) to another local extension. No joy in any attempt. Any ideas/corrections? Software update?

9. tresronours

I know it's an old topic, but i had the same issue with samsung Galaxy S2X and fixed as follow :
    In the admin interface, go to Extensions, then the extension you use on your mobile (using sip or 3cx phone software), go to the "Other" tab, and check "PBX Delivers Audio".
    That did the trick for me, for 3cx phone, isip on ipod, and "Csipsimple" software.
    Hope this helps.
    Seems to be an issue on the Samsung phone network stack that avoid the devices to establish peer to peer communication.
    I noticed that since leaving a message on voicemail would work, but communication between lines would not send micrphone voice, while the microphone actually work (volume meter shows the sound captor is working on the phone).
    Hope this helps.
    :) :D

10. hweams

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and still no joy on my HTC. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.