Samsung Galaxy S2 - App Reliability

Discussion in 'Android' started by joshhough, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhough

Hi,

I'm looking at putting Samsung Galaxy S2 handsets into a property as handsets for the 3cx system. Do they work well with the app? Are there any issues when the app runs in the background as thats all it would ever be used for.

Thanks,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you thinking about running the App 24/7 from one wifi router? I have found that even on a supported handset (not the S 2), it will show as unregistered after some time, many times. Other times it is just fine one or two hours later. That may be the particular hotspot that I'm registered with, or it may be the result of something else that the phone has been doing in the background.

3. joshhough

If you have a look a this post, http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-deployment-in-large-property-circa-18-000-sq-ft-31956.html you can see roughly what its to do with. The idea was to leave the app running 24/7 with the handset in one of the charging docks you can get for them.

However after chatting to a few different people i've gone back to the idea of using Grandstream DECT phones with one base station per room i think. Although it wouldn't be quite as 'borderless' as the wifi solution would potentially be. The reason for having a controller should stop dropout between moving access points in theory

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not positive but, pretty sure, that to stop any "drop-offs", when moving between Wifi access points, would not only require a smart network controller, but devices designed to "talk" to the network (work in conjunction with), to maintain a connection, as is done on mobile phone networks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.