Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE on Hook but no outbound calls

Discussion in 'Android' started by mjeyre, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjeyre

I have 3cx Server V12 running in the office with 3 extensions and one external ext using a samsung galaxy s3 LTE (4G version), 3cx installed latest apk for 3CXv12.

3cx ports setup on my router / Firewall.
    When I am on the Lan the calls come through fine from the digital reception and I can dial all the different extensions and transfer calls fine, when out of the office on 3G the calls come through fine also and it all works well,but when I try to dial an extension from the s3 I always get the message "forbidden".
    The phone always says ON HOOK but not registered at the top when I am out of the office.

I am using an isp that gives me a dynamic ip that refreshes every week so I have a dns service running, this is what the 3cx config on the phone is pointing to. (external pbx and tried local pbx) this is themovieworkshop.no-ip.biz

If I try the wan ipof my pbx router it still makes no difference.

Hope Kevin or someone who has had a similar experience can shed some light on this.

Kind regards

Michael

National IT & Media Services

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because port 5000 is not forwarded at the PBX end, this is the Presence information , if you want to use it. It isn't necessary for making calls

What does a 3CX log show for a failed call attempt. there may be an option that needs to be "adjusted" in 3CX. If you use a dynamic IP and make use of a DYNDNS service, that Domain name needs to be put into 3CX or it will reject calls with the domain included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.