Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE on Hook but no outbound calls

Discussion in 'Android' started by mjeyre, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjeyre

I have 3cx Server V12 running in the office with 3 extensions and one external ext using a samsung galaxy s3 LTE (4G version), 3cx installed latest apk for 3CXv12.

3cx ports setup on my router / Firewall.
    When I am on the Lan the calls come through fine from the digital reception and I can dial all the different extensions and transfer calls fine, when out of the office on 3G the calls come through fine also and it all works well,but when I try to dial an extension from the s3 I always get the message "forbidden".
    The phone always says ON HOOK but not registered at the top when I am out of the office.

I am using an isp that gives me a dynamic ip that refreshes every week so I have a dns service running, this is what the 3cx config on the phone is pointing to. (external pbx and tried local pbx) this is themovieworkshop.no-ip.biz

If I try the wan ipof my pbx router it still makes no difference.

Hope Kevin or someone who has had a similar experience can shed some light on this.

Kind regards

Michael

National IT & Media Services

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because port 5000 is not forwarded at the PBX end, this is the Presence information , if you want to use it. It isn't necessary for making calls

What does a 3CX log show for a failed call attempt. there may be an option that needs to be "adjusted" in 3CX. If you use a dynamic IP and make use of a DYNDNS service, that Domain name needs to be put into 3CX or it will reject calls with the domain included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.