Samsung Gear S3 - Incoming Call Notification

Discussion in 'Android' started by tripo, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripo

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 connected to a Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch. I was hoping the watch would alert me to an incoming phonecall via 3CX, as it does with normal phone calls made to my mobile.

The same watch paired to a iPhone is alerted to the calls, and even able to answer and reject them – assuming because the iOS app uses Callkit integration.

Is there a way to get my watch to alert me of an incoming call somehow? I have Gear notifications on for the 3CX app, so I am alerted for missed calls.

Are there any plans to have the Android client integrate with the Native phone app and dialer, so this 3CX call would be treated the same way as a normal phone call?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think you are probably in the same boat as bluetooth headset users, that want to be able to use the button on the headset to answer and end calls. It can be hit and miss. In the same vein, there are devices that pass incoming calls to PSTN lines or cordless phones via bluetooth. Many do not respond the same way with VoIP applications (such as Whatsapp) on the mobile, You could submit a feature request in the Ideas forum, and see where it goes.

Any change would have to work correctly with multiple manufacturers, and not be limited to Samsung devices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.