• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Samsung S8 plus not provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
To anyone who can help me,

One of my customers has got the new Samsung S8 plus and we have tried to provision the 3cx client onto his phone but we have run into an issue.

We have installed the 3CX app successfully and we have also sent the welcome email successfully.
When the customer tries to open the 3CX provisioning file we get a message saying there is no app installed to open this file.
I have tested the same file on my Samsung S6 with no issues.
Is there some setting that needs to be changed to fix this issue or is there an issue 3CX on the new S8 plus?

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards
Michael

Hello,
are you using any 3rd party app to download the provisioning file on the S8?

Thank you

Hello,
are you using any 3rd party app to download the provisioning file on the S8?

Thank you

Hello Marios,

Yes we were using the Outlook app. Once we changed tried a different app it worked perfectly.
I wouldn't recommend using the Outlook app on mobiles for your emails with 3CX. Something about it 3CX doesn't like.

Thanks for the help.

Kind Regards
Michael

Hello @Micahel,

I am glad that you problem have been solved. If you are using outlook you have to download the provisioning file first on your device and then click on it to provision.

Thank you

Hello @Micahel,

I am glad that you problem have been solved. If you are using outlook you have to download the provisioning file first on your device and then click on it to provision.

Thank you

Thought i would just let you know that downloading the file first then opening the file doesn't work.
It just says it can't find the file.

Kind Regards
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.