Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Samsung SGS4 3cxphone no sound

Discussion in 'Android' started by dzipo38, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzipo38

Hi

I have SGS4 with 4.4.2 and 3cxphone for Voip provider 2.0.5, For call i need vpn tunel if i use 3cxP. Connection is all ok and always is on hook , but when i call the number line is connected but i have no sound .I use only WIFI connection. Do you have any solution ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you use Wifi, on the local LAN (no VPN), is there sound?

Do other applications (Web Browser) function properly when using VPN remotely?

Is the 3CX phone set to be "In the Office" when using VPN?

In the 3CX server log, when the phone registers from a remote location, what IP and port, do you see it registering as? Does it show a local IP as would be expected when using VPN?

Have you tried using the Tunnel option, over VPN?

3. dzipo38

If you use Wifi, on the local LAN (no VPN), is there sound? I must have VPN tunel

Do other applications (Web Browser) function properly when using VPN remotely? if i use in Windows 8 ( notebook ) work normal with VPN

Is the 3CX phone set to be "In the Office" when using VPN? Yes i use In the Office

In the 3CX server log, when the phone registers from a remote location, what IP and port, do you see it registering as? Does it show a local IP as would be expected when using VPN? 3cxs is normal connected ( i have "on hook" ) when i call and connection to other number is no sound

4. dzipo38

No sound is now when i upgrade firmware to 4.4.2 in Samsung galaxy S4 on previous firmware is working fine

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, it was the Android "upgrade" that seems to have caused the issue.

Have you tried removing the 3CX Phone completely, then re-installing on the new Android version?

It's all well and good that VPN works with a different device, perhaps I should have been more specific...do other applications, over VPN appear to work correctly on the Samsung?

6. dzipo38

Have you tried removing the 3CX Phone completely, then re-installing on the new Android version? Yes i remove all aplication 3cxphone and install new apk for 3cxphone voip provider. If i use V11 or V12 not working becaouse this application not support VoIP .

My friend have Samsung S3 and S2 work fine becaouse have firmware lover that 4.4.2

The problem in now when i have 4.4.2

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may very well be, that the 3CX phone version that you are using, as it was designed before, and therefore not tested with the later releases of Android, and may not work properly. It may also have something to do with the combination of the particular model phone, along with the particular Android version.
    3CX is now concentrating on 3CX phone version that work exclusively with and integrate with their PBX. I would suggest that it is doubtful that an updated version of the "general purpose' version of the 3Cx phone will be released. you may have to install a different VoIP application for use with a VoIP provider.

I guess we will have to wait to see if other also have this issue with the later Android releases.

Personally...while I'm able to upgrade my phone to a later Android version, I've chosen to stick with what is working for me for the time being. It won't be that long before i can replace the phone entirely, and at that time, I'll see how "things" work. I'm of the mind that "if it ain't broke, don't touch it".

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

On the other hand, I run SlimKat on my S3 with 4.4.2.. 3CX 12 is just fine. The microphone probs I had in the past cleared up as well. I wouldn't say that 4.4.2 in itself is your problem.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may also be another App (conflict) that you are running, or a setting, that is to blame. Have you tried stopping all recently installed Apps?

Some phone models also have modified firmware, with specific features/restrictions requested by the provider that you got the phone from.

You had said that you "must have VPN", is this also true on the local LAN, or have you tested that? Perhaps the VPN App has an issue.

Have you tried using a headset/handsfree unit, of any kind?

10. Laurie Peyper

Re: Samsung S5 3cxphone no sound

I downloaded v12 and installed on a Samsung S5 smartphone.
    3Cx works on local but on tunnel the mic stops working.
    any ideas.

I have tried with ear pieces but still no mic. I can hear the other party.
    Please advise.

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The issue in the last post is being discussed here:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/re-samsung-s5-3cxphone-no-sound-39607.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.