Sangoma A101DE vs patton smartnode 4960

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have a new customer that uses a PRI and looking for a solution to terminate the circuit. I have looked at the sangoma A101DE and the Patton SN4960/1E15V. The patton is around $600 more than the sangoma with express software.

Is the sangoma net border software required?

We already have internet gateways and dont need any of the features on the Patton other than the PRI termination. Could anyone chime in and offer benefits of the patton over the sangoma for simple PRI termination? The customer will never need more than a single PRI and currently only getting a fractional 12 channel circuit.

I will likely offer the customer both options but I cant really find the differences to justify the cost difference to them.

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. brentrichburg

I use a Sangoma 102D card (Similar but has 2 PRI inputs), Netborder express software is required. It was a little difficult getting the configuration setup. The 3CX generated config file did not work out of the box. Sangoma support helped but it took some time.

I have had it working for 3-4 months and it has worked fine. I am not sure if the new configuration template will work now.

NickyB from 3cx was working on the template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.