Sangoma A200-how does one select individual PSTN line.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jessewamurage, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessewamurage

Hi,
    Am new to 3CX but got abit of experience with other systems.I recently installed the 3CX system and also installed the Sangoma A200 4FXO card.am recieving calls via the 4 lines without problems except the echo.the problem comes when i want to select PSTN line 1 or 2,3,or 4 to make calls,i dont know how to do it.All the available documentation does not say anything about it.My client needs to be able to select these lines individually:the manager is supposed to use line 2 only while line 4is for general use.Each line has telco enabled passwords.
    the second problem is that when line 1 is busy am unable to make calls using the other lines-i thot the system automatically picks the idle line?
    please if some one can help,i appreciate.
    jesse

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

No having used that particular card, I'm going out on a limb here...

You probably now have all lines programmed as one trunk group, multiple members, in 3CX. Some gateways allow the selection of each individual line by using a prefix code. If that is not supported on this board, then you may have to create multiple trunk groups in 3CX and assign (register) each line as its' own unique trunk (or two in each group). All trunks can terminate to the same ringgroup/Digital receptionist as the previous single group, but, you will then be able to select the outbound trunk you want, per dialled number or extension, using the outbound rules

3. jessewamurage

thanks for the light yu have shed on this,but how do we configure the trunk groups?This card dooes not allow selecting of individual lines.All the literature i have read speaks of grouping the extensions only.A detailed step by step guide would help.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it is not possible to group lines into trunk group in 3cx.
    I posted this requirement into the ideascale, but no result.

It is vitally important if you have analog lines and you need to select the lines in specific manner (rotation, etc.). It is not enough to have second and third route (especially if you want to achieve load balancing, etc.).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the device does not allow each trunk to be assigned a unique port number (if all lines on the card share an IP), or a unique IP number per trunk, and, the device does not allow access to each line with a prefix code...In other words, if it forces you to treat all trunks as one entity, then there is not much you can do.

I find this a bit hard to fathom as not all users would have all trunks in the same hunt-group. They may want one or two trunks to go to reception and perhaps one to go to a line on a managers phone. Unfortunately I haven't come across any detailed set-up instructions for this card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.