Sangoma A500 Card

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by realtecuk, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realtecuk

Hi, Just wondered if anyone is using or has used a Sangoma A500 card with the latest version of 3CX? I have everything installed but can't get incoming calls, doesn't ring then goes dead after about 15secs. The card works perfectly in the Trixbox it was pulled from. I haven't played with any settings yet and all the windows (server 2008) drivers for the card are installed ok.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did it work for you on a previous version? Ids the card supported?

This infers that you can place outgoing calls. Can you? In that case it may be a case of incorrect inbound rules,

What does the 3CX log show after a call. The logs(s), and you may have to switch it/them to Verbatim, with provide you with the errors that are happening.

It sound like you are going to have to some "tweaking", with help from the logs.

3. realtecuk

Hi and thanks for the reply, I don't think the card is officially supported but it is there as a choice in the dropdown list when you add a gateway. I also think that 3CX is not talking to the card at all (I can't make outgoing calls through it either). I don't understand how a pci card can have an ip address (asked for when adding the gateway). I am slowly coming round to the idea that this card cannot be used with 3CX and will probably have to purchase one from the supported list.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless it is supported, you ,may be out of luck. A lot of the PC card type gateways have been developed with another, Linux based PBX in mind. Even with windows drivers, as you have found, 3CX likes to address gateways with an IP and port numbers. Someone may have found a way around this, and perhaps they can provide some tips to get it working, or you may stumble upon it yourself, with the help of some Google searches. If you are pressed for time, you might want to just go for a supported gateway. If problems do crop up, at least there will no doubt be others on the forum, familiar with the gateway you end up with, willing to help you out.

5. realtecuk

Thanks for the advice, think I will just purchase a supported gateway and save myself the headaches :)

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The Sangoma website indicates that the A500 is compatible with 3CX running as a BRI ISDN interface as long as you are using their Netborder Express Software (google search of t he card model number and 3CX). However, this could be an old webpage that no longer applies as a examination of their support and installation pages made no mention of 3CX with the A500. As a last resort before giving up, you might call them and see what help they can provide. Otherwise it does look like a new card in your future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.