sangoma card vs grandstream gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Why would I want to go with Sangoma A200D with their netboarder software over something like
    http://www.voiplink.com/Grandstream_GXW4104_IP_Analog_Gateway_p/grandstream-gxw4104.htm
    From a newbie perspective, this choice still provides me with 4 FXO ports and echo cancellation for 1/4 the cost of the sangoma card with netboarder software or comparable pci card.

Thanks for the tips/advice.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

A Ferrari and a Yugo both have an internal combustion engine and four wheels and will get you from point a to point b.

The question is what do you want and need. The echo cancellation on the Grandstream is not as good as Sangoma or Patton Gateways. If you aren't having echo problems then the Grandstream is a good low-budget product. If you end up running into echo problems the Grandstream can only be tuned so much and may not be able to solve the problem where a higher end device may simply plug in and work. Its all about choosing the right equipment for the particular situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

We have pots phones right now and I am satisfied with the quality of our calls in general. I have plugged in a phone as simple as this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000050FZP/ref=dp_otherviews_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&img=1 and it seems the same quality as our current 4 line phones no echo or static.

I guess the only way is to try and find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.