Sangoma Confusion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nml, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nml

nml

Just bought a Sangoma A200 board for 3CX with 6 FXO and 2 FXS. A200 model.

So apparently I need to buy Netborder Express software as well? Am I reading this correctly? Or is it not needed for 3CX?

I was under the impression it would work like every other device in the world, where you install the drivers (included) and 3CX would do the rest. Am I wrong?

2. nml

nml

Ok. No reply. The lack of coherent gateways is why I install Cisco when I can and 3CX when I have to (but not anymore). Goodbye.

3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Yes, you need Netborder Software. Sangoma Cards need the software to communicate with the Windows Platform.

I do not understand you point of "Lack of Coherent Gateways". A Simple Google search or even a quick search on the Main 3CX site provides a complete list of supported gateways (as well as videos and guides on how to use them)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nml

nml

Yeah, by coherent gateways, I mean ones that aren't junk. I've used grandstream, patton, and now sangoma, and I can't say I think any of them compare to Avaya or Cisco. Just read the forums - echo problems, caller ID issues, delay, etc. I have to say that the SIP/call processing of 3CX is fine, but if I can't get out to the PSTN 100% of the time with good call quality, this is just not going to work.

You guys can mess around with this shit all you want, I'm going back to Avaya or Cisco. Yeah, it costs more, but at least I don't have to try and guess what the documentation says because it's been written by someone who barely speaks english, and wait for firmware updates for flakey half-baked phones from china (grandstream).

5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I am sorry to hear you had such issues. I cant say that I share you sentiment on this issue. I find these systems much easier to use and install than the others you mentioned. I am sure most of the people here would agree.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hgcomp

I agree with you Matt...And what this person says netborder express, the theme of it is because he NOT read the instructions. A technical person who is respected, has to read the features of each product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.