Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sangoma FXO/FXS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by safesax2002, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safesax2002

How would I configure 3CX so that I can use one PCI card for 2 FXO (for inbound analog) and 2 FXS ports (for outbound analog)? I can only seem to find an option for 2 FXS or 4 FXO. I have a Sangoma A200 (2 FXO + 2FXS) and NBE installed.

2. Mullenlaw

May be I'm missing something here......

FXO / FXS aren't interchangable....

If you have POTS lines they must be connected to FXO ports on your PBX.....
    The FXS ports can only be connected to devices like a phone.

http://www.3cx.com/PBX/FXS-FXO.html

3. safesax2002

I know they're not interchangable. The Sangoma card has two modules. I have an FXO in one slot for POTS and an FXS in the other slot for internal devices (phone, etc). I could setup one card with 4 FXO and another with 4 FXS that are linked together but it would be way overkill and I don't think it would really change the setup.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Each card is configured separately as different gateway or analog adapter. May be I don't understand the question or you need to do this manually.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. safesax2002

I have an A200 that uses two modules on one PCI card. I have FXO and FXS modules in one card that has echo cancellation. I would like to have my analog line connected as well as be able to hook up an analog phone in my house. I assume I would have to manually configure NBE and 3CX but I'm not sure how. Any help is appreciated.

6. Mullenlaw

I think my original confusion on your question was that you were saying FXO fir Inbound and FXS for outbound...

Yes, you need to configure this in NBE to create "devices" that would then appear to be available for 3cx to connect to.

Go to the Sangoma website for configuration help. They are extremely helpful. When I configured my card we were having problems because our PRI provider has screwed up. Sangoma went through it all with me.
    They even called me back a week later to make sure everything was okay.

Once you get the "devices" configured the 3cx part is easy.

7. reighnman

I'd suggest following the 3CX support guide and trying to get it to work with 2 ports first: http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/sangoma-a200/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Then work on getting the other 2. I noticed when I select sangoma it does have an option for 2fxo/2fxs

8. safesax2002

Really? What version of 3CX do you have installed? I installed a fresh version 10 SP5.

9. simsin

Am wondering if you got this sorted have exactly the same config and cant find how to set it up :?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.