Sangoma PRI anonymous calls routing issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dannybrook, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannybrook

When a call comes in that is anonymous (no caller id or it's blocked by the calling party), the call routes to the default path for port 10000.

This is incredibly problematic because calls to our helpdesk as being sent to the operator as that is the designated extension for port 10000. Right now, I moved it to an auto attendant, but this is not functional for us...

2. dannybrook

I fixed the anonymous issue within the Netborder by changing the restricted settings in routing-rules.xml to send sip:dnis@localhost:5060 instead of sip:10000@localhost:5060. Not sure if this is a Sangoma issue or 3CX generated config issue.

3. willow

willow Member

another job well done!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dannybrook

Thank you sir! Next item to tackle is faxing over the PRI as Sangoma states there is full T.38 support with Netborder Express 4. So far, 3CX terminates the call immediately when it is routed to the internal fax extension.

5. willow

willow Member

Sangoma advertises a fax cable that connects the a10x to the a200/a400 and boasts 100% fax reliablity. I posted to see if anyone used it yet but got no response.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dannybrook

I saw your post and the took a look at the offering and while it could be viable for some customers, nearly all of ours receive FXS ports from their data/voice provider...including us. Right now, I just use the two FXS ports we were provided for faxing, but thats with a traditional fax machine. I'm looking for a fully SIP/T.38 solution, which 3CX is supposed to support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.