• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sangoma without NetBorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhicken

Reaction score
If you use a Sangoma card (A101DE) do you have to use the Netborder software?
I see that they sell it with or without the software.

I'd like to use that card on a 64-bit system but I see that Netborder is 32-bit only.
So does anyone know if even the driver supports 64-bit?

Thanks!

NetBorder Express is the driver that Windows needs to communicate with the card. You have to have it in order to use it. I do think it will run on a 64bit system as of the recent versions.

Thanks Kerry,

So to further clarify....

For a new 3CX install I would need to buy the ≈$1100 A101DE w/ Netborder Express Gateway software to get the driver
and not the ≈$829 version?

Assuming you want to use an internal card, yes.

Hi jhicken,

My name is Julien Nephtali and I am a support engineer at Sangoma.
I just wanted to clarify some of the information contained in this post.

NetBorder Express is not the windows driver that runs the Sangoma Card.
It is a full fledged software VoIP media gateway that runs on top of the Sangoma Cards.
You will need to purchase this software to integrate the A101 card with 3CX.
NetBorder Express is available on both the 32-bit and the 64-bit Windows platform.
Here is a link to our release notes:
http://sangoma.com/assets/docs/misc/NetBorderExpress_Release_Notes_Windows.pdf

Feel free to contact [email protected] or reply to this thread if you have any other questions concerning the NetBorder Express Gateway.

Best Regards,

Julien

Julien,
For the purposes of understanding what Netborder Express does, describing it as a "driver" is not that far off because without it, the cards are useless in a Windows system. Yes, Netborder Express does more than that, but not because people NEED more than that, its simply the only way that Sangoma chooses to support Windows.

yes, you need the software.. I tried the sangoma card on one installation.. very troublesome.. they tried and tried, but could not get it clean (it was on a pri circuit).. went with a patton gateway and all problems went away..

Or Berofix. Sangoma troublesome at best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.