Sangoma without NetBorder?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhicken, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhicken

If you use a Sangoma card (A101DE) do you have to use the Netborder software?
    I see that they sell it with or without the software.

I'd like to use that card on a 64-bit system but I see that Netborder is 32-bit only.
    So does anyone know if even the driver supports 64-bit?

Thanks!

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

NetBorder Express is the driver that Windows needs to communicate with the card. You have to have it in order to use it. I do think it will run on a 64bit system as of the recent versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jhicken

Thanks Kerry,

So to further clarify....

For a new 3CX install I would need to buy the ≈$1100 A101DE w/ Netborder Express Gateway software to get the driver
    and not the ≈$829 version?

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Assuming you want to use an internal card, yes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Julien Nephtali

Hi jhicken,

My name is Julien Nephtali and I am a support engineer at Sangoma.
    I just wanted to clarify some of the information contained in this post.

NetBorder Express is not the windows driver that runs the Sangoma Card.
    It is a full fledged software VoIP media gateway that runs on top of the Sangoma Cards.
    You will need to purchase this software to integrate the A101 card with 3CX.
    NetBorder Express is available on both the 32-bit and the 64-bit Windows platform.
    Here is a link to our release notes:
    http://sangoma.com/assets/docs/misc/NetBorderExpress_Release_Notes_Windows.pdf

Feel free to contact techdesk@sangoma.com or reply to this thread if you have any other questions concerning the NetBorder Express Gateway.

Best Regards,

Julien

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Julien,
    For the purposes of understanding what Netborder Express does, describing it as a "driver" is not that far off because without it, the cards are useless in a Windows system. Yes, Netborder Express does more than that, but not because people NEED more than that, its simply the only way that Sangoma chooses to support Windows.

7. mgmache

yes, you need the software.. I tried the sangoma card on one installation.. very troublesome.. they tried and tried, but could not get it clean (it was on a pri circuit).. went with a patton gateway and all problems went away..

8. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Or Berofix. Sangoma troublesome at best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.