SBC goes down

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I use SBC to connect remote. Now lately every day sometime in the evening or wee hours of the morning Our phones go down, I then have to Re-Boot the computer that has the SBC and then all the phones come back up. a few times, last week our internet went down a few times for about less than a minute, and the phones were ou after the internet cam back up. Rebooted the computer that has the SBC and all come back up. Why would this cause it. Is there a way to just re-start the SBC instead of the whole machine... thx

2. John Ranger

Hi Heath,

if I remember right, the SBC is implemented as a Windows Service on the Computer where you have installed it.

Therefore a restart of the 3CX SBC Service on that particular Computer should do the trick to get it back running.

But do you have the newest SBC update installed? https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/session-border-controller-sbc/

They seemed to have fixed some Things which could have the effects you describe. For example:

• When public IP of SBC changes, the SBC is automatically updated
    • Fixed automatic re-connection bug

With Kind regards,

John

NickD_3CX and YiannisH_3CX like this.
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

also, which phones do you use and is the firmware the latest, some work needed to be done here also by the vendors to work with "registration drops"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

@Stefan You are kind to not mention the vendor :)

@Heath Is this a windows or PI-based SBC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.