Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SBC No Service

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daktur, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daktur

daktur New Member

Dear All,

Me again, lol.

I have a few phones provisioned using SBC and from time to time they show as "No Service".

Is there any known issue regarding this subject? Is there any way to easily fix it?

Thanks.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Daktur,

"No Service" Simply means that the phones cannot see the 3CX System (un-registered).

In regards to your SBC setup what version are you using ? Windows/Linux/Raspberry Pi and if Linux/Raspbian what version of the OS are you using ?

Also does the remote site have a stable wired internet connection ? If you restart the SBC service do they come back up then ?

Since it sounds like an intermittent issue I would doubt it to be an issue with your SBC configuration.

3. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi @eddv123 ,

The SBC was working fine with 7 phones.

I am using it in windows, the computer was just restarted and they have a very stable connection. All 3cx softphones have no issues.

I have requested them to restart the computer running the sbc now that the Ip was whitelisted.

Will update you shortly what happened.

Thanks!

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Daktur,

And the SBC software package, when was this updated last ? also look at the Windows environment, any Windows firewall or Anti-virus software running ?

Is your .NET Framework and Windows updates current ?

5. daktur

daktur New Member

@eddv123,

Everything was restarted, the SBC was installed early 01/2018 late 12/2017 maximum.

Any reason for suddenly stop working? As I understand, it should have never worked if there is a compatibility issue with firewall or anti virus, am I right?

Thanks again!

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In an ideal world that would be the case, unfortunately though sometimes firewalls work in mysterious ways... It could just have decided to drop long TCP connections. I would also try restarting that device just to be sure.

After the restart of the SBC though, have you seen any improvement?

Also if you go into the "Add/Remove Programs" of Windows, if you lookup the SBC, what version does it list?

7. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi @NickD_3CX and @YiannisH_3CX ,

Please find attached the SBC log, I have run the updater and it says we have the most recent version.

Hope is enough to give a clue, since it has more than 40k lines on the log from the beginning i have taken the last errors.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There seem to be 2 potential reasons for the tunnel dropping judging from the logs.

For the "Too long inactivity" is a timeout, which could be either because the SBC could not contact the Server (e.g. internet drop) or the Tunnel service server-side had an issue. To explain this, Verbose logs would be required on the SBC but the server-side Tunnel logs in Verbose would also be required. Basically what you are looking for is what the server Tunnel logs say at the same time you see this message in the SBC logs.

The other thing that is strange is the:
    "** Resip exception caught while starting bridge '3CXSBC15.5.7503' (123456)
    ! Exception: Could not use port
    "
    message.
    This implies that something else is binding to port 5060. This could be anything from another SIP Client on the same Windows machine as the SBC, to A/V software scanning applications network activity, not allowing the application to use that port.

From the timestamps in these logs, when did the phones show the message. At least this will tell us which of the log entries is the most relevant and that is causing the phones to give you "No Service".

nitrox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.