Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SBC on Linux

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by slwtx1983, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slwtx1983

I know that there is a Windows and a Raspberry Pi version of the SBC, but does the Raspberry Pi version work any Linux distros other than Raspbian? I have a server at a site and I have no extra Windows licenses to waste, but I have a Hyper-V host that is running a couple of servers. The Hyper-V host cannot have anything installed on it, so I was thinking of running a Linux VM if the SBC would run on it.

This site has about 15 users, and I know that the Raspberry Pi version says that there is a max of 5 users. However, I assume that is a resource issue, more than a software limitation and that if it could run on some sort of free Linux distro then it would be fine with more resources.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I once tried installing the SBC software on a Debian distro but couldn't get it to work, so I think it has been compiled to only work on Raspbian with the RPi hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.