SBC Phones Showing Tunnel Is Not Connected

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexanderHanna, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderHanna

Hello Everyone,

I did an install (latest versions) using Debian 9 Stretch on a Raspberry PI. Everything worked as expected for a few days. However, the phones are now getting "tunnel is not connect" several times during the day.

I am using Yealink T21P_E2 phones. I also noticed that on the phone display for both SIP accounts where it would normal show the extension number, it is now showing blank.

Lastly there are no issues making outbound calls. However, inbound calls starting be an issue. There are times when you call into the company, the phone would ring once and then disconnect. It seams that they are missing 50% of the calls.

I have other locations connected to the same system via SBC using Raspberry PI without any issues.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alexander

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Alexander,

What firmware are you running on these phones ? and the version of 3CX ? You have not upgraded to the new BETA have you ?

If you login to the SBC on the command line input "service 3cxsbc status" and see if all is running OK:

It may also be worth logging the behavior between the PBX and SBC. You can do this by getting the logging for the Tunnel in 3CX (support info file): https://www.3cx.com/docs/collecting-logs-for-3cx-support/

This is all good but if you are wanting to do this from the Pi end you need to first turn on logging on the pi .The 3CX Session Border Controller Log is disabled by default on a Raspberry Pi installation.

This can be done in the 3cxsbc.conf which can be found if you navigate to: C:\ProgramData\3CXSBC\3cxsbc.conf

Change the DEBUG to VERBOSE then run the below commands:

1) Edit file /etc/3cxsbc.config and uncomment the # File section.
    2) Stop the 3cxsbc service (service 3cxsbc stop)
    3) Stop the rsyslog service (service rsyslog stop)
    4) Delete file ls -l /var/log/ (rm /var/log/3cxsbc.log)
    5) Recreate /var/log/3cxsbc.log (touch /var/log/3cxsbc.log)
    6) Start the rsyslog service (service rsyslog start)
    7) Start the 3cxsbc service (service 3cxsbc start

You can tail -f the logs so that it saves to a txt file - your SD card should be fine to support his.

3. AlexanderHanna

Hi,

I am running firmware 52.82.0.20 on the phones with 3CX v15.5.9348.3. And no, I have not touched the BETA.

Yes, the service is running OK. The thing is I can see the SBC and the extensions connected in 3CX Management Console. And as I said, there are no issues with outbound calls.

Yes, I can check the logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.