SBC / PI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DanSDE, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanSDE

Hi,

We have now deployed 4 installations with remote extensions anywhere from 10-20 phones and they are connected using the PI SBC, PBX version 12. and Yealink T46G and T48G. They work well for the most part BUT every time there is the slightest internet drop or hiccup on the remote side or server side the phones become un registered and the PBX thinks the remote SBC is disconnected. If I restart the tunnel on the server they come right back up. If I restart the service on the PI they come right back up. Sometimes they stay up for weeks then go down multiple times in a few days because we know how internet connection are not fully reliable. There is sufficient bandwidth I have made sure all have latest PI SBC and phone software. This is driving me and my clients nuts. I cant be the only one seeing this happen. I don't know why the SBC and phones just does not re connect and register without having to re start the service. I don't know what to do. Any Ideas on a script to see the drop then immediately restart the tunnel service? or anyone else figured out how to make the SBC or PBX re establish if a hiccup in connectivity happens?

Thanks

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

I've seen the same thing with my deployments, at least on the Pi. In the release notes for v12.5 RC1, there is this note:

I'm assuming that's on the 3CX Phone System side of things, since normally I restart the tunneling service on the PBX and things come back up. Might worth checking out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.