Solved SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techdummy, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Hi,

Is it not possible to configure SBC without having an FQDN?

Thanks

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey,

and why you dont want to have an FQDN on your Server? SSL Certs need this to work correctly also. Therefor we give out Free Domain Names and Certs on them...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OCWI

OCWI New Member

We are also wondering the same thing. We have many customers upset when they find out the free edition no longer works with offsite phones after the maintenance expires.

We always try to push the paid versions, but there are some out there who just wont budge. The free one is still worth doing because they eventually grow into a need of a paid version.

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So prior versions didn't require a FQDN and I don't remember my last install requiring one so I want to say no. But even if it does, that doesn't mean it has to be a 3CX FQDN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. techdummy

techdummy New Member

@StefanW Not that I don't want to have FQDN, but previously we could to do it with the IP address. So, I was wondering if there is any way to do it with the latest version too.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

for many operations, like webmeeting and so one, an FQDN is req. in 3CX.

Therefore the initial question should be answered with: Not designed for IP only, not tested and not supported install mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.