• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SBCs - Phone Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian.watts

Reaction score
So.. I read in some article that provisioning phones behind a functional SBC should work.

I have not yet gotten any 3CX Phone to provision behind an SBC.
Seems that the multicast is getting forwarded as prescribed.. but I cannot add/create an extension and have the phone actually provision.

3CX Phone
or.. Yealink SIP-T21.

Given the VPS options are looking more and more appealing.. as is a multi-tenant approach.. would be nice to have this actually work. I can do small setups a bit more semi-manually.. but provisioning handsets at the console sure is ideal (when on the LAN.. would like the SBC part to also work).

These have been the rPi SBCs of vanilla builds.
Manual config for the Yealink or 3CX Phone (or a Cisco.. but http resync is fine) will use the SBC.. so I know the connectivity/auth for the SBC is solid.

Bump.

Has anybody in the community been able to provision hard/soft phones on a VPS-based system behind a local 3CX SBC?
Again.. it appears the device is detected just fine and reports in the Phones.. but setting the device to an extension does nothing.. whereas if the host were on the LAN and without SBC, it provisions the device fine.

I want to try moving in the 3CX/VPS and SBC approach.. but without good provisioning like there is on a LAN it becomes rather cumbersome.. again..

Next will be a support ticket to find out if I'm expecting the right thing first.. let alone why it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.