Schedule Conference Call Email Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DJimenez, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJimenez

Hello,

When I create a scheduled conference call, the email notification is not working. I do receive emails for missed calls and voicemail messages. This function was working earlier. I have restarted the server, but no change.

I'm on v12.5 sp1

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi David,
    Have you by any chance edited the conference mail template Settings / Advanced / Conferencing / Customize ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DJimenez

Yes, I did edited the template use the conference mail template Settings / Advanced / Conferencing / Customize

I figured out how to fix. The subject line text gets messed up. I pasted the original text and save it. It works fine. When I go back to modify the template, the subject line now looks like this:

<Subject>3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - $conferencename</Subject>

instead of like the original text:

<Subject>3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - $conferencename</Subject>

I don't know why it's doing this.

4. red45

We reproduced the exact same problem too on 12.5 sp2. After customizing the template email body, we had to recustomize and copy and paste in the original subject line as well to fix the bug.

5. hardywo

Hi,
    Any other ideas on resolving this same issue? I had not customized the message, but tried changing the subject and body to simply "test," and am still not receiving emails when scheduling conferences. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Bill

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Please download attachment which is the default conference mail template for v12.5 and replace the file C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\ConferenceMailTemplate.txt by this one.
    Then restart all services and let me know if still having issues.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hardywo

Thank you for your reply, Pierre, but after putting that template file in the location you suggested and restarting all services (even tried restarting the 3CX host server too), email notifications are still not sent when scheduling conference calls. There was no existing "ConferenceMailTemplate.txt" either. I am currently running Version 14, SP3, and email templates are found under settings in the web interface. I included the current template below, which is also the default.

Emails do correctly send for other functions such as voicemail notification, extension welcome (I customized this message), and when services are stopped or fail. Thanks again for any other suggestions!

Bill

Current Conference Email Template
    Subject:
    3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - %%CONFERENCENAME%%
    Body:
    Hi,
    You are invited to attend the following conference call: %%CONFERENCENAME%%

To participate, dial %%EXTERNALNUMBER%% and enter this Conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.

If you are at the office, you will be called automatically on your extension. Alternatively dial %%INTERNALNUMBER%% and enter conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.

Conference description: %%CONFERENCEDESC%%.

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In V14 the template is not in a .txt file, rather it is in the custom parameters. In the Management Console go to Troubleshooting -> Parameters and here search for: MAILTEMPLATE_CONFERENCE_DEFAULT

What you see in the "Value" field should be:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <template>
    <from_display_name/>
    <subject>3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - %%CONFERENCENAME%%</subject>
    <body>
    Hi, 
    You are invited to attend the following conference call: %%CONFERENCENAME%%

To participate, dial %%EXTERNALNUMBER%% and enter this Conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.

If you are at the office, you will be called automatically on your extension. Alternatively dial %%INTERNALNUMBER%% and enter conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.

Conference description: %%CONFERENCEDESC%%.
    </body>
    </template>
    If this is not what is there, replace it, press OK, then restart the services.

Be careful not to change anything else by accident in here.

9. hardywo

Thank you for the reply, Nick. It turns out that the reason the conference emails were not being sent is because Exchange 2013 is preventing the email I setup for 3CX from relaying. As a workaround until I figure that out, I setup a gmail address for the 3CX and that is working as it should. Any suggestions on getting that through? I tried setting up a receive connector using the 3CX server's IP address, but it is still not relaying.

Now that I can get the emails to go through, the new issue I'm facing is getting the full dial number available as a link. With the old phone system, I set it up so that conference rooms were listed with the full external number, a comma, the conference extension, another comma, and finally the conference ID number (xxxxxxxxx,xxx,xxx). When all of these numbers and commas are connected, a mobile phone user could simply click the link from their device and the phone would automatically dial each number after a pause. I was able to get the external number and conference extension setup by defining it in the PBX conference DID settings, but how can I get it to at least display in the message? If I put %%EXTERNALNUMBER%%, %%CONFERENCEID%%, the phone (and Outlook) does not see the conference ID as part of the number due to the space, but if I put them together, 3CX complains that that parameter does not exist. Any suggestions on how to combine the parameters without the space? The absolute best option would be if I could get that setup as the Conference DID number when a conference is scheduled as that is the number displayed at the top of the calendar invitation. Thanks again!

Bill

10. hardywo

Scratch that! "To participate, dial %%EXTERNALNUMBER%%, %%CONFERENCEID%%." now correctly allows me to click on the entire number today!

Again, it would be perfect if I could get this information put into the DID per meeting so it would be the top number listed on calendar invitations, so does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish that? Thanks again!

Bill

11. Patrick Hogan10

Thanks hardytwo! Have you come up with the solution on how you could get that info into the DID?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.