Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Schedule Task Backup Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsteffens, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsteffens

I mapped a drive to another server and was trying to run a scheduled task backup. When logged in it runs great, but if logged out and it's scheduled to run it starts, says running for the scheduled task, but never creates the file and never finishes.

If I do a local backup to the c:\ drive it works fine.

The only way to get this to work seems to be to create a symbolic link in windows using the command below so the 3cxbackup utility thinks it's backing up local.

Code:
    mklink /d 3CXBackup \\otherserver\share\folder
    here is the scheduled task command line I am using when trying to backup to the mapped Z: drive.

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXBackup.exe" backup z:\3CXBackup\backup.zip /callrecordings /voicemails /voiceprompts /callhist /firmware /exit
    Is there some issue with the 3cxbackup utility when backing up to a mapped drive I don't know about? Please do share your experiences.

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

is the scheduled task ran with Admin rights?

3. tsteffens

Yes it is, also tried two different shares, one of witch allows guests access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.