Scheduled Backup Issue with FTP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Atreyu, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atreyu

When using the scheduled backup and if I include "Custom templates and IP Phone Firmwares" I get an error in on the Filezilla server: 450 Internal error renaming the file. Then I am left with 3CXScheduledBackup.zip.tmp as a backup file. If I perform a manual backup, no issue. If I don't include Custom templates and IP Phone Firmwares, no issue. Not using encryption.

Running lastest version of Filezilla (Win Srv 2012 R2) and 3cx v15.5 SP4 running on Win Srv 2012 R2 8GB RAM.

I do have 1 custom template that is about 350K and my backups are around 16MB in size.

Any ideas?

2. V..

V..

Does the FTP account you are using have the correct permissions to rename files?

You may also wish to check the advanced permissions for the account which your FileZilla account is running under against the destination directory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Atreyu

yes the user account has full permissions.

4. V..

V..

If you connect to the FTP server using the same credentials as 3CX can you create a file and then rename it in the same manner as the backup wizard?

Do you have permissions to change file extensions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Atreyu

Yes I can FTP into it manually using the same account 3cx is using, create a file and rename it.

6. JMK

JMK

We are seeing the same issue. Unable to rename the backup file. Not likely to be a permission issue since we've allowed full access rights for trouble shooting. This is a new install that has not gone to production yet. Have not tried deselecting options yet. Manual backups are fine and so are scheduled backups until it's time to rename for rotation.

7. Atreyu

I don't think it is a permissions issue at all. We are only experiencing this when we include "Custom templates and IP Phone Firmwares" in the backup.

JMK, have you tried removing "Custom templates and IP Phone Firmwares" from your scheduled backup?

8. JMK

JMK

Correct - It does not appear to be a permissions issues. No we have not removed any options from scheduled backup.
    According to other tech, he manually renamed the problem .tmp file to .zip and backups have now run 4 days without error. We'll see if it can complete an entire rotation (8 days) without error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.