Screen goes blank while in call

Discussion in 'Android' started by Bob Denny, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

On my Droid Incredible (stock HTC/Android 2.2), after I talk with the phone next to my face for "a bit" the screen goes blank. Happens on incoming and outgoing calls. There seems to be no way to get it to light back up. I can touch the screen and hear the touch tomes being sent, I managed to touch the earpiece/speaker selector and had it switch to speakerphone, so I know the inputs are alive. The lights are just out, black screen. If I hit Home, then use the in-progress notification from the pull-down, I get back to the call, but the screen again goes black immediately. Not sure what else I can describe.

As I use it more I'll try to find what maybe triggers it. It has happened several times. It might be on only the first call after starting up the phone app.

2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I've turned off the proximity sensor, let's see...

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

This is a known issue in the latest release of the 3CXPhone for Android Phone. The Proximity sensor feature is in Beta mode for now, but in the next version i can say that we have fixed this issue for most phones.

Turning off the proximity sensor feature would help out with the screen going permanently black.

Regarding DTMF's being sent even when the sensor is enabled, it seems that this is a bug that was supposedly fixed, but seems to have re-appeared. Thanks for the info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.