Screen locks engages during phonecall

Discussion in 'Android' started by vb3cx, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vb3cx

When i take a call on my Android 3CX app and the duration of the call is longer than the duration of my screen-off delay the screen lock will be engaged preventing use of the 3CX app to end the call. So if my screen turns off after 1 minute of inactivity and the call duration is longer than 1 minute i can't end the call (or use the 3CX app) before i have unlocked my screen to return to the 3CX app.

In my opinion it should work just like the normal dialer; no matter how long your call is, if you take the phone from your ear you are presented with the dialer screen so you can hang up, engage handsfree etc...

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Which version of android and phone model are you running?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vb3cx

We encounter this issue on multiple phones:

OnePlus One with android kitkat and lollipop
    Motorola Moto G with android kitkat and lollipop

This is an issue which is difficult to accurately describe (for us anyways) because i have just now made a little test which seems to indicate slightly different results: (but the problem experienced by the end-user is the same)

- use proximity sensor is turned on in the settings
    - when the phone is held by the face during a call the 3CX UI is hidden, but the screen itself is NOT turned off like it should do and which it actually does when you do the same thing with the built-in dialer.
    - what does happen is that the 3CX UI is hidden but the screen remains turned ON which can be noticed by the on-screen buttons (home, back, etc...) still being visible.
    - This is not good because these buttons can still be used AND because the screen will remain turned on the Android default screen-off timer will fire and turn of the screen during the call.
    - If this happens and you take the phone from your face the screen does NOT turn on like it will do when you use the built-in dialer. You will have to wake the screen again before you can see/use the 3CX app.
    - When you and the other party decide to end the call and the other party hangs up before you do the screen will remain turned off and if you turn it on again you will have to unlock it. You don't know the other party has already ended the call and will have to unlock to see the 3CX app just to be sure (which is cumbersome).
    - If the same thing happens with the built-in dialer you will always see the built-in dialer ending the call AFTER you take the phone from your face. After this happens you are presented with the lock screen. This way you always know for sure that the call was indeed ended and there can be no doubt. This is how the 3CX app also has to work in my opinion (real screen off/on and end of call displayed).

I hope you can understand my explanation and can see the difference how the built-in dialer handles switching off/on the screen and ending a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.