Solved Screen Sharing feature in WebMeeting hangs Chrome Process

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JanKrause2, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanKrause2

Hi,

i'm kind of new to 3cx and am really thrilled about all the features, especially the WebMeeting conferencing tool.

Unfortunately, when i activate the screensharing function, my chrome browser is freezing and completely hangs. I have waited several minutes without success. I reinstalled the 3cx extension, tried a new chrome profile, tried an incognito tab - nothing helps.

I'm using the current chrome version 59.0.3071.115 on 64 bit.
    My colleague can share his screen in chrome without any problem and i can watch, so it seems to be related to my local installation.

Do you have any ideas what i can try to do to fix the issue?

Best, Jan

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The 3CX WebMeeting Screen Sharing plugin also contains a "Click2Call" feature which makes numbers on WebPages you visit into links that can be clicked and auto copied into the 3CX Client for Windows so you can call those numbers. It's not uncommon for Chrome freezes to occur when you visit pages with an extreme amount of content as the plugin will parse all numbers and other characters on the page in order to try and find numbers.

It sounds like the Click2Call functionality of the plugin may be causing you problems. You can disable this by going to the plugin it's self on Chrome and unticking the "Enable Click2Call" tickbox. This will disable Click2Call functionality, but leave the screensharing functionality running.

The Click2Call aspect of the plugin is in fact greatly optimized compared to a previous version of it, however if it encounters a site with an abnormal amount of data to parse, then it unfortunately can have the effect of freezing a website/chrome until it can parse the whole site. Could you send us the Website on which you get the problem of freezing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JanKrause2

Thanks for your quick response. I will try to disable is, but Chrome is running fine (with the plugin enabled and highlighting all numbers).
    The hang occurs shortly after the moment when i click on the sharing button in a running WebMeeting. So i don't think its related to the Click2Call feature.

4. JanKrause2

Hello again,
    i have solved the issue. The cause was, that i was running Visual Studio in debug (pause) mode. The plugin seems to contain code that is stopping the execution when a debugger is active in the system.

When i stop the Visual Studion debugging session or klick on one step forward, the selector window appears instantly :)

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Quite cool to know that this is a thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.