Screen Sharing feature in WebMeeting is no longer working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheDestinyGroup, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDestinyGroup

Hi,

The Screen Sharing feature in WebMeeting appears to have been broken.

It was working in Chrome previously on Friday, but is not working today.

I'm not sure if the issue affects all screen sharing on all PCs or only only PCs with multiple displays.

All the PCs in our offices are running 64-bit Windows 10 with 2 or 3 displays. We're using the 64-bit edition of Chrome and the version is 59.0.3071.109.

I note that the version of the Chome extension called "3CX Click to Call" which enables the screen sharing functionality which is installed on each of our PCs is 9.14, and that versions appears to have been released on Friday.

I assume the issue related to the extension, but it could also be related to an update of the 3CX Webmeeting servers.

There was an issue in a previous update which prevented the sharing of any screen other than the primary display.

Les

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please try again, everything should be working well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheDestinyGroup

Leonidas,

This is still not working for us. We are using the Sydney WebMeeting Server.

The 3CX Extension we are using is version 9.14 and the version listed in the Chrome Web Store is version 9.14.

Les

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'm trying it out all around our platform and it seems to work just fine.
    Could you PM me your FQDN and an image of the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheDestinyGroup

Leonidas,

There might have been a delay in an update propagating to the webmeeting servers or a caching issue with the webmeeting servers.

We tested again the following day (Tuesday) and the screen sharing wasn't working in the morning, but did start working again in the afternoon .

It was working yesterday (Wednesday) when we tested.

We had tried clearing the local browser cache between tests just in case the browser was caching old content.

Les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.