Script to Change Extension Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jono, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jono

Hello,

We have volunteer receptionists, a different person each day. When they go on a break or lunch, they need to put the receptionist extension to Away and set the settings for Away to forward calls to another extension so that whoever is covering for breaks at that time can take the calls.

It would be great if the receptionist could run a tool/script/whatever to change the status to Away, then another one to put it back to Available. Here's how I'm imagining it:

The receptionist runs this script. The script says "Extension 100 will now be set to Away. What extension would you like to forward all calls to?" It would provide a box where the receptionist could type in an extension number and hit OK. This would programmatically set extension 100 to Away and to forward all calls to the chosen extension.

The 2nd script would programmatically set extension 100 to Available. The receptionist would run this one after getting back from a break or lunch.

First off, is this even possible with 3CX? If so, how is it done? JS, VBS, command scripting?

Thanks,
    Jono

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

hmm... have you looked at the XML scripting on the phone? I am not sure if it allows input - but it probably does.
    We use Yealinks and they can run XML Scripts - not sure all phones can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Would it be too hard for the receptioninst, instead of using any script or insanity, to either have a BLF programmed for or dial *3x where x is the status? I am at a loos here to understand the need for this... perhaps I am missing something...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It sounds to me there is a different receptionist as backup depending on day of week and/or time of day.
    So Monday might be 102, Tuesday might be 103, etc.
    So without going into3cx phone for windows and changing the away status forwarding rules, I could only think of XML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.