• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Seamlessly move call from desk phone to 3CX client

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Maybe there is a way to do it that I haven't found yet. If I'm on a call at my desk phone and need to step out of the office can I (without) placing the caller on hold or transferring the caller, pickup the same call on my 3CX client?

Upvote 48
3cx client as in iOS and Android?
All I have been able to do it transfer the call to my cell.
There is the Mobile Agent Service.
But not quite what you need.

Yes....customer is leaning towards Cisco to be able to have use iOS and Android app's this way.

any update on this?

8 total votes - probably not getting any attention from 3CX team.

I have a solution for you.
Create a new extension, call it mobile pickup of something. Set it to call forward to SP0 (yes you can)
Now when you are on you client app on your mobile, simply transfer the call to that extn. Then on your PC app, just click on the extn and you will get the caller back. Its a lot easier than it sounds, just one click.
Geoff.

Have you tried to transfer the call to yourself? Sometimes this is working...But I think you have to allow multiple calls...

Have you tried to transfer the call to yourself? Sometimes this is working...But I think you have to allow multiple calls...

Yes this was a solution in a other thread some were, but if you do it that way.
but if you do it that why your mobile divice will ring if you are on a call at desk?

If you transfer to yourself... which is a manual process, then that is what you are expecting to happen. You want your mobile to ring because you are trying to move a call to that device.

Reactions: Daniel Zugno
Alcatel-Lucent has this solution, works great.

hmm good for Alcatel-Lucent users :D

+1 Many other PBX / Hosted systems have this ability. Tough to compete with the likes of Broadsoft / Ring Central when this feature comes up and we don't have a solid answer besides transferring to yourself or putting your call in a Call Park status. I've used this feature on these other systems and it is seamless, the caller doesn't even know you switched. Hopefully this will be a feature that is looked at in the near future.

I've used this in the past with Digium; they call this feature a "converged phone" - You are on the line and you want to move the call to another one of your phones (even external cell phone) and keep it within the PBX. You enter a feature code while in the call, and the system prompts you for which destination.

I've also solved this with shared line appearances on other systems in the past.
Since 3CX has their own mobile client, SLA would probably be the best route imo.

avaya also has this for many years now

i do this all the time, i just hit transfer, put in my own extension number, and my cell app rings, and i answer it there.

This would be great to have

Would love this feature. We are about to ditch our MItel 3300 for 3CX and not having a Handoff feature is going to be missed for some of upper management.

Would love this feature. We are about to ditch our MItel 3300 for 3CX and not having a Handoff feature is going to be missed for some of upper management.

I dont understand why people do not understand, >>> that this feature already exists!!!! <<<

Hit the transfer button and pick yourself, when the other phone rings, ANSWER IT!

If you want to be able to push the call to your actual Cell Number, make a dummy extension with that number and set it to either A:forward to mobile after 1 second. B: Ring mobile Simultaneously.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.