Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Search for number that calls us

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

I am receiving complaints about another company that supposedly cannot call us. I have their phone number, so my first thought was to search for their CID on calls to us. What's the best way to search the Server Activity Log from Feb1 to Feb12 to see if that number is there somewhere?

There is no Find function there, and no filter for incoming CID.
    So I thought I'd paste the event log into Word and use Find there, but when I copy/paste, it only copies the current page, but there are dozens of pages of events.

Or am I approaching this problem the wrong way?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why not just ask someone at the company to place a call to you when you are there, ready to look at the logs, then you don't have to go back through them?
    What do they say is happening during on of these calls?

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

I can, yes.
    However, it seems easier, as an initial action, to find whether calls from them are coming in the first place. Might be able to show that to the person who told me they can't call us.

But surely 3CX has a better log viewer? Surely I'm not the only admin that wants to parse logs for details.

4. gschwab

gschwab New Member

open the log and press Ctrl F and type the number in the search box?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. engin411

engin411 New Member

The CTRL-F only works on the current page. To illustrate this, I found a caller ID on page 11 of the 30 pages of logs. I copied it and did a Find on that page. Of course, that worked fine. Then I went back one page to page 10, and did the Find again. It did not work.

I opened a ticket with Support. It makes no sense to me that the logs are there but I can't view and query them more than one page at a time.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

can you not simply use the report feature with the appropriate filters?

7. engin411

engin411 New Member

Reports - thanks for the suggestion. But I don't have a Reports section. I'm guessing my edition doesn't include Reports - not sure.

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Try the following using a web browser:

http://3cxlocalIP:5000/reports

9. engin411

engin411 New Member

@Ineblett - Whoa. How did I miss this? I didn't know that function existed. Works like a charm. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.