Searching Forums

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WINWARE, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WINWARE

How can one search these forums. I read the FAQ, which tells me to type in the search box, but I do not have one to type in. So again, How do I search?

2. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

YEs, That will be very helpfull

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wtl

wtl

Looks like they've disabled search. It's still phpbb, so you would typically find the search form here.

However, even if you're logged in you get a message about not being permitted to use search.

Kinda makes it hard to find solutions to problems, eh?

4. WINWARE

Exactly the same proplem here. You will also get the message stating that Search is disabled by clicking on the "View Your posts" at the top beside User Control Panel.

5. oneobserver

Maybe if enough people post that there is a problem, somebody will get around to fixing it? It's really a pain not being able to search or even follow your own posts...

markh

6. telis

telis New Member

Yes I've posted about other problems with search before! (not that I can find any of my old posts now due to the issue at hand).

Since the upgrade at first I thought the search feature was not working but then it appeared that it was only indexing new posts. After someone (it might have been me) posting about this it was fixed a few days later and search was fine. Then for some reason it was removed.

Seacrhing the forum is useful.

Can an admin let us know what is going on?

7. alicic

alicic New Member

It should be specified from Administrator of this Forum when and whan will searching functions will be availabe.

We are waiting for reply!

8. WINWARE

9. asfuture

asfuture New Member

i have the same problem. i'm not permited to search. and this come for also if i want to seem my own posts. what to do???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The search function is available here

http://www.3cx.com/support/

I am not sure what is so difficult with going to that page and entering the search string there?

11. WINWARE

I can tell you what is so difficult with going to that page. The fact that you have to leave the forums in order to do it. Also, the FAQs are misleading. I can't see what is so difficult about giving permissions to the forum users.

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Right click on the link and open in new tab is difficult???

I have already said in previous posts its because PHPBB has a bug in version 3 whereby the search function crashes the forum

Anyway i have re enabled it temporarily assuming that a recommended mod to the php.ini file of phpbb3 fixes the search issue. If its down in a days time we will disable search again....

13. asfuture

asfuture New Member

don't worry Nick. i find good. i think that the technic wil win. also the PHPBB. from 2.022 to version 3 was a big step in development. now we are waiting for fintunning. keep going

14. oneobserver

Thank you for turning the search function back on. It appears to be working well now, and at least this way we have the other link if you have to turn it off again. I don't mind having to use the other site, just needed to know it was there...

markh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.