Second Call on one external extension using Tunnel

Discussion in 'Windows' started by xris8791, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xris8791

Hi, I have managed to setup an external extension using 3cx voip phone version 3.1.6288 using the tunnel.
    I have set it up to receive incoming calls on the same extension even when on the other line or in a call. basically it will ring line2.

This is where the problem is, it works fine in a single call. then starting when someone else calls, the current call starts lagging.
    and instead of the 2nd call ringing on line 2. they go to queue. there is no sign that there is an incoming call at all.

call log below:

Tunnel started
    Tunnel connection established
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX: REGISTER
    Tunnel received from PBX status 407
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX: REGISTER
    Tunnel received from PBX status 200
    Phone online status is now 'Available'
    Phone is now connected
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX: SUBSCRIBE
    Tunnel received from PBX status 407
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX: SUBSCRIBE
    Tunnel received from PBX to phone: NOTIFY
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX status 200
    Tunnel received from PBX status 200
    Tunnel received from PBX to phone: NOTIFY
    Tunnel received from PBX to phone: INVITE
    Tunnel offers SDP
    Tunnel RTP ports OK
    Tunnel send from phone to PBX status 180
    Tunnel received from PBX to phone: ACK
    Tunnel incoming RTP audio glitch 1328 ms
    Tunnel incoming RTP audio glitch 453 ms
    Tunnel incoming RTP audio glitch 2281 ms

what does RTP audio glitch mean?
    Thanks

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

It means you have too much lag, latency or jitter on the connections between the separate locations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xris8791

what would be the best way around lag, latency or jitter?

the server site is on a .512kb up and 2MB down,
    and im on a .53mb up and 7MB down. ping at 55ms
    tested on the speed test websites.

Calls sites are all within the UK

4. sipero123

Hi,

Where is the 3CX PBX located? If this is the US Dedicated server you mention in another post that is most likely why albeit there are lots of other things that could be effecting it as well

Jonathan Hamon

5. xris8791

Hi Jonathan,
    The pbx in currently on a pc at home in the UK, i haven't moved yet to a dedicated online server yet. But would be using an extension in the USA and a few in UK, and 2 in the Philippines. I think it would be providing both the same bandwidths.
    problem would be when in a second call and would the VPS or dedicated server resolve it?
    Thanks
    Allan

6. sipero123

Hi,

This is always difficult to predict but the internet connection in a datacentre is much higher than from a home broadband connection. For example some of our VPSs have a connection to the internet on a 1,000 mbps network. This of course isn't a dedicated connection and is shared.

Most home broadband connections in the UK are 448 kbps upload and have a contention ratio of 50:1 which means that up to 50 users could be sharing the upload bandwidth at any one time. This is something you need to take into account on any other connections, particularly upload speeds. Where possible try to get a lower contention ratio and a higher upload speed.

You can also try to use QOS so the VOIP traffic is given the highest priority. Most modern routers have this as an option and there are some details about setting this on the 3CX wiki. This of course is only going to apply to your own connection and not anyone else that might be sharing it with you.

Another advantage of a Datacentre deployment is that you will have a static IP and no NAT issues to contend with from the 3CX server end.

If it helps you I could probably setup a couple of extensions on one of my servers for a couple of days for you to try. Just PM me with your contact details and we can see what we can work out.

Jonathan Hamon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.