Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Secret Provisioning Folder Lost after upgrade to v12.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dig1234, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dig1234

We were on v12 sp6.2 and everything was working fine. Our provisioning url was /provisioning/SECRET_STRING as normal for v12. After upgrading to 12.5 (uninstall/reinstall/restore) the secret folder is mostly empty and under settings>phone provisioning I can see the provisioning path has changed to /provisioning/firmware/ which seems very odd.
    Indeed the /provisioning/firmware folder contains all the .cfg files! This certainly seems like a bug. Is this intended behavior to remove the secret folder security feature!?

Additionally under phones they are all saying manual re provisioning required. I will try manually copying the files to at least get the phones reprovisioned to the new url. Can anyone explain this behavior or recommend a solution?! Is there a way to change the folder path back?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dig1234

For anyone facing the same issue with the provisioning folder path getting messed up due to upgrade: I resolved this by changing the 2 registry values posted elsewhere on this forum and restarting the Abyss service. Hope this helps someone else.

If anyone from 3cx is listening, there appears to be a bug in the 12.5 installer where it improperly maps the provisioning folder..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.