Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Secure, plug and play, remote extensions using OpenVPN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by worksighted, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worksighted

worksighted New Member

This document is a synopsis of this solution. I was looking to get remote phones working (securely) via a plug and play method without having to monkey with remote firewalls.

http://www.worksighted.com/voip/

scroll down to 3CX section and there is a link to the document explaining how I set this up.

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. h2009

h2009 Member

Nice work - very well laid-out .

Any idea what other phone support VNC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Thanks! At the moment I am only familiar with the SNOM 370 (which is a great phone). But since OpenVPN is under a GPL license I would think we could get more manufacturers to build it into their firmware fairly easily if we can show the demand.

Mike

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Yeah, it works well. I dont think its a big step for more hardware vendors to include the openvpn client application either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.