See INVITE in Wireshark capture but not 3CX Log

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cejota3, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cejota3

Hello Everyone,

This issue is related to my attempt to get a VoxBone "VoIP Trunk" working. I can do a WireShark network interface capture on my 3CX box and see the incoming INVITE from a VoxBone call just fine. It's all there as it should be. However, I see _no evidence_ whatsoever of this attempt in the 3CX "Server Activity Log".

This IS with logging set to "verbose". And this is a fully working 3CX setup. Has been for a few years with a couple of VoIP providers already configured on it. Whether or not I have a new "VoIP Provider" entry in there for VoxBone (and I've tried all kinds of gyrations there), I can just see no evidence in 3CX of this inbound call attempt.

I should note that I'm running an older version, 8.0. I'll upgrade if I have to, but for a variety of reasons I'd really like to avoid that. And I'll only consider an upgrade if someone can specifically point to the exact bug that is in my version that is causing this and that been fixed in a subsequent version. (Or why else go through that pain and expense?)

So in short, when I'm 100% sure an INVITE is hitting the box, what could be causes as to why it doesn't show up in the 3CX verbose log at all? (Again, a fully working 3CX system with extensions, other VoIP providers, the whole bit.)

And just to be absolutely sure, I have done the capture with the Windows Firewall completely turned off. This machine has an external IP address directly connected to the internet.

I'd provide captures if anyone thinks it will help.

Thanks,
    C.J.

2. cejota3

Okay, I feel like a dunce on this one. The problem is that our 3CX System was configured with a non-standard SIP port; 5070 instead of the regular 5060. SO, of course the INVITES were hitting the server just fine on port 5060, but because 3CX was listening on 5070 (via the custom parameter SIPPORT), it didn't even know it was there.

Problem solved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.