Select the line for outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is a good idea select the provider for a call, but isn't possible select a single line on the provider...
    ... this is a problem for the caller ID!
    The call go out with first line on the provider, but if I want go out for fifth line with my preferred ID?

Regards,
    Elia

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

another question:
    if I want add a single line into provider?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Outbound rules

I assume that you have connected multiple lines to one VOIP provider account? If yes then they would indeed all have the same caller ID...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

isn't exact... I have configured 10 lines with 10 number VoIP-IN and every line go out with a different CallerID...
    ... now I resolved putting only 1 line for Outbound (Allow outbound calls on this line)
    But is impossible select the single line from Make outbound calls in Outbound rules

First example:
    My provider provide free number VoIP-IN italian and romanian. If I want go out, for all calls to italy with an italian number ID and for all calls with a romanian number ID?

Second example:
    My provider provide free number in all italian district: Rome, Milan, Turin, Bologna. If I want go out with an appropriate number ID for these districts?

5. andrea71

I have the same problem.

I have 2 different accounts with the same provider end I'd like to use an account to make some call and another account to make other calls.

Is it possible to do this ? Is there any implementation in this direction?

Thanks!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, migrate to http://www.pbxes.org

BEst regards,
    Elia Finotti

7. tcgmuc

Hi There,

i have the same problem with registration of more than 1 account on the same provider.

At the moment we have a "Plus"-Account on sipgate.de and there are 3 Extension-Numbers ... example: 12345-1, 12345-2, 12345-3.

Every extension-Nr. has it

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

9. tcgmuc

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Sorry, I wasn't aware of such limitaion. I have asked our Web Interface guys to remove it for next version.

11. tcgmuc

Hi Archie,

are the Web-Guys able to write a patch-file for this limitation to use it with an actual Version, because this feature is needed by nearly everyone, who will use more than one line .... or better in a next Version use a "Routing-File" in wich all lines can be marked for a specific client line key like a mapping-file.

Greethings and thanks for your help,

Michael.

12. tcgmuc

Hi Archie,

can you please tell me, when this "Problem" with the lines will be solved or is it possible that the Web-Team will offer a little patch file to close this problem-task ?

Thanks a lot,

Michael.

13. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,
    This problem is solved, and soon new version will be available. There's no reason to make separate patch for it. RC2 has a lot of improvements also.

14. tcgmuc

Hi Archie,

thanks for you information, so go on straight the way you go today and it will be a fine product on market.

Both thumbs up !

Greethings,

Michael.

15. tcgmuc

Hi Archie,

thats "FULL-SERVICE" .... new RC and the feature for outgoing Numberchoice is implemented ... great job, works fine !

Thanks a lot,

Michael.