Selective internal call routing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by martinpluss, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinpluss

We have an IT servicedesk extension (1000) which is a 3CX call queue that anyone in our company can call for IT support.

I want to route calls to 1000 from specific extension groups to a different call queue - so that the senior management team call 1000 but actually get routed to 1001 where a dedicated support team can handle their calls. All other calls to 1000 from everyone else will go to the call queue.

Obviously I could advertise the 1001 call queue number to senior management, but I want this to be transparent.

Any ideas how I can do this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Without even trying to do anything in 3CX, if the sets the Senior Management are using, have an internal dialplan, you might see if it can be modified to replace 1000, with 1001 before sending out. Some phones/ATA's are capable of this.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

maybe a button on their phone that get programemd HELPDESK ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. martinpluss

Thanks guys - good ideas!

The dialplan works perfectly - thanks.
    I'm using yealink T22 & T26's so I'll need to re-provision the handsets in question with an updated template with the dial plan preconfigured which isn't a big deal for the Senior management guys, but now I'm being asked to do a phased migration of IT servicdesk support from our team to an external provider. So I need to make this change for teams (extension groups) over the next couple of weeks untill everyone is across.

Anyone think of a tidy way to achieve this on 3CX itself so I'm not re provisioning 300 handsets in stages over the next few weeks?

I was hoping I could use an outbound rule but setting number starting with 1000 number length 4 pre-pending the new number (eg 1001) and the stripping 4 digits doesn't work.. and even if it did I'd need to be able to make changes enmass to extension groups.

Happy now that the dial plan works but if anybody has another idea about making this happen from the PBX end I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As long as extension 1000 exists in 3CX you would not be able to create a "speed dial", using that number, then stripping it and prepending the outside number. Try testing it using a non existent extension (type) number. Once it is time for the cut-over, you just delete extension 1000 in 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.