Selectively getting rid of PLSHOLD

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

I have a client where I need to play a message before joining a queue - no key presses.

As far as I can see, the only way to do it is to have a Digital Receptionist with a timeout of 1 second (not sure if 0 will work), so that it will play and forward.... However, I don't want the "Please hold while I transfer".

I have seen the joining queue music, however, it plays at the same time as the background music and rings instantly, so if an agent answers, the user will not hear it all - The sound that plays is legal stuff like "your call may be recorded... e.t.c.".

However, whilst I am sure I can just change PLSHOLD to be a blank file, I would rather keep it for the times when it may actually be needed.

Only other thing I can think of is to build something basic in the Voice Application Designer... But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions here?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Your solution seems to be a good one, but I am not clear on when or under what circumstances the "Please Hold....." may or may not be needed.

In any event, if I understand correctly, you have an inbound rule that will direct the (all) caller(s) to the DR. Presumably all calls will go to the queue, so why not have the message about recording and quality and such be a part of the DR greeting? Then have the timeout of 1 sec. This way the caller will hear your legal disclaimer and be sent to the queue automatically afterwards?

Keep in mind that if alter the "Please Hold..." wav file, it will be such for all the other instances not associated to the DR as well.

When the caller is sent to the Q, they should only hear the music for that period of time while waiting.

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

check the ideas on facebook and vote:

Play intro prompt fully
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=258&new=1

and

DR w/o transfer messages
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=259

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ezpc

@Stefan - Thanks - voted.... Is there a reason this is on Facebook!? Would rather not be on that whilst at clients!

@Ineblett That is the problem - I have done that, but, I don't want the "You are being transferred, please hold" message whilst it is doing it.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Understand, which is why I indicated that given the circumstances , recording a blank wav to take the place of the please hold message as you suggested is a viable option and that you only need to keep in mind the effects that the "altered" wav would have on the non-DR needs. Make it a 1 sec blank wav, if this will do it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.