• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Self Identification Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

compufirm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I searched the forums before posting this.

Self Identification Message
I have a self identification message setup. I also have to forward to my mobile rule setup with Rebound. However when a caller enters my extension phone and then announces their name, it says please hold while we try to locate 2000, rather than please hold while we try to locate "Self Identification Message" Is this possible, or by default does it announce the extension :?: .

Thanks in advance for your assistance! What an amazing piece of software. :mrgreen:

Yes good idea - it would be nice to have self id message there.
Feature request. We will keep it in mind.
however if we do it like this we are missing something important.
Problem is the following.

This feature is also designed for external callers calling the pbx which aren't members of your phonesystem. Example A relative of mine calls me at work and I have rebound on. This means the caller does not have an extension nor a self id message.

In this case what should we play? This is where we got stuck so we decided to give the caller the option to record the name. That is the best means of identification at the moment + the caller id.

Nicky either I'm misunderstanding you or you misunderstood the OP.

I think what he meant is 3cx should play, for example, "Please hold while we locate Nicky" instead of "Please hold while we locate extension 111." The CALLER should still have their name recorded and the recipient would still hear "you have a call from <recorded name here>."

This is actually a good topic for TODAY, because one of your inside/channel sales guys (Brian) called me today. I guess he hadn't experienced rebound from a CALLER'S perspective yet - he specifically asked me if I could have it setup to give my name instead of extension 101. I told him no - and to talk to you guys about that... ; - )

I highly dislike giving out extension numbers to anyone who managed to get to me. It should most definitely play my name if one is recorded. If not, then play the extension number.

Reactions: SyncWave
KerryG said:
I highly dislike giving out extension numbers to anyone who managed to get to me. It should most definitely play my name if one is recorded. If not, then play the extension number.

It is better to play something like (sorry for my English):
"Please hold while we are trying to call the person you are trying to reach"
and DON'T introduce extension number at all

"Please hold while we attempt to reach your party"

Then, if you want, have a feature to substitute (your name) for "your party".

leejor said:
"Please hold while we attempt to reach your party"

Then, if you want, have a feature to substitute (your name) for "your party".

Agreed!

salter said:
Nicky either I'm misunderstanding you or you misunderstood the OP.

I think what he meant is 3cx should play, for example, "Please hold while we locate Nicky" instead of "Please hold while we locate extension 111." The CALLER should still have their name recorded and the recipient would still hear "you have a call from <recorded name here>."

This is actually a good topic for TODAY, because one of your inside/channel sales guys (Brian) called me today. I guess he hadn't experienced rebound from a CALLER'S perspective yet - he specifically asked me if I could have it setup to give my name instead of extension 101. I told him no - and to talk to you guys about that... ; - )

Salter, you are correct. This is exactly what I was trying to make happen. Still want caller to record name, but I want it to say, "please hold while we try to locate Jason, instead of extension xxx"

Is this possible?

Hi:

Related to this topic ... I have configured my extension in order to divert the call to a mobile phone, with rebound feature and is working fine, but ... the announce that you can hear on "mobile side" seems to start before the call 3cx>mobile is established, and i can't hear the full message. Anybody else have seen this?

Regards

is there a fix yet for the above I hate when callers know my mobile extension number

I wanted to add this crude fix I use :

my cell transfer extension is 555

so I just disabled the system prompt "5" wave file and it works

untill something better

Hi there,

Now version 10 has been released, is there a fix for the above?

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.