Send caller to voicemail while available

Discussion in 'iOS' started by TCF, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

I can't seem to way a way to send a call to voicemail if I don't want to take the call. I know I can switch my status to away to accomplish this but then I can't screen my calls and answer the important ones. If someone calls and my iphone rings I have the option to swipe and decline the call, but this hangs up on them. Is there a way to send a caller to voicemail while available?

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi,

please note that if you are on Available Status and you decline the call, the call will be routed based on the Extension 's Forwarding Rules >> Available Status >> Phone is busy.
    With this way you may send the call to vmail or to any other destination you select.
    Please check it.

3. Doragiant

You have given me plenty of material.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

i still can't answer iOS calls without authenticating PIN or Fingerprint.
    Makes it hard to use the app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Partially correct.

From the lock screen, swiping left to right will prompt you for the PIN or Fingerprint, after which the app will launch and the call will be answered.
    The new version through of the 3CXPhone app makes use of Adaptive PUSH which allows you to swipe right to left to which reveal 2 options, one of which is "Answer". This one should answer the call without engaging the lock screen.

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. craigreilly

Had no idea 3cx for iOS Supported this. I must have missed it in the user guide. So sorry.
    I have tested this. It does answer the phone. Just can't do anything else - like put caller on hold - until I authenticate.
    Thanks for the response.

8. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Once you answered the call and phone (re)enters the lock mode, when you press the power button to show (again) the lock screen, you will see there (on the lock screen) the 3CXPhone as a "media player". Then:
    - if you tap the pause button it will toggle current call's hold/resume status;
    - if you have other calls on hold on different lines, the << button will switch to the previous call and the >> button will switch to the next one, both putting current call on hold.
    - remote partner name and call status are also displayed on the locked screen
    - if the remote side match a contact from your device's contacts having a photo attached, this image will be displayed instead of the "anonymous" one on the locked screen.

Hope it helps.
    vali

9. craigreilly

This is great information - but nothing I was able to find online about the softphone.
    Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.