SEND FAX with 3cx v5. How to with integrated fax server?!?!?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Urbok, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbok

Urbok New Member

I've tried to receive faxes. but how to send it? there is a way to send an email with attachments to send or there is a way to connect the extension 88 with a real fax machine?!?!? thanx
    (i've tried the old way to connect the real faxmachine with an ata as a standard extension but complex faxes as usual dont work)

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

What T.38 gateway are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mori

Mori New Member

Re: SEND FAX with 3cx v5. How to with integrated fax server?

For the moment the embedded fax service is recive only. You can connect a real faxmachine to this ext trough a gateway.
    Sending on the otherhand must be connecting as an traditional ext. This requires a gateway with T.38.

Se other thread
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/version-5-beta-feedback-6/fax-problem-3323/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Urbok

Urbok New Member

I'm using grandstream ata HT488 connected on FXS port and i'm sending using a standard sip voip account.

5. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Does the VoIP account support T.38?

6. Urbok

Urbok New Member

yes! support t38 but i've problems due to ata configuration!!!
    for example:

echo cancellation, yes or no?
    gain TX RX ?
    36 or 48V ?
    impedance?

well I dont know if it's the fax machine but I'm unable to send fax also directly connecting the ata to the sip provider (with t38 enabled naturally)

the problem is on complex faxes with a lot of black in the paper or with a lot of pages to send.

7. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

The fact you say it works for simple faxes but fails for complex ones with lots of black (i.e. when it's going to be doing a lot of transmission) leads me to believe your VoIP provider might be being a little economical with the truth when they say they support T.38

Which provider is it?

8. Urbok

Urbok New Member

eutelia. italy's first voip provider.
    http://www.euteliavoip.com

9. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Maybe you could borrow another T.38 FXS gateway and try that with a POTS line to confirm it's not Eutelia's problem?

(so that it goes POTS -> Borrowed FXS -> 3CX -> HT488 -> Fax machine)

Just a thought.

10. Urbok

Urbok New Member

from this fax machine I can send perfect fax to extension 88 of 3cx v5
    is this a proof eutelia's bad quality?!?!?

11. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

From the appearance it looks like Eutelia may be at fault. It's the only item in your system you've removed and suddenly everything works fully.

I would suggest you do some further testing just to make sure, but I think we have identified the most likely culprit.

What has been said is that faxes sent on the G.711 codec may work but could be prone to failure when complex/long faxes are sent - this I believe may be your issue - Eutelia may not be using T.38 but rather using G.711 for your fax transmission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.